Last month we completed the final swing of Dr. Bill Thomas’ 30-city Age of Disruption Tour, an audacious enterprise designed to challenge ageist stereotypes and bolster the concept of disruptive change at both the community AND personal levels. The Tour brought 101 live events to 30 cities in 20 states, with more than 5,000 participants and reached an additional 12 million people via news coverage and social media.
We are excited to announce that Dr. Thomas and the Center for Growing and Becoming, the 501(c)3 non-profit that funds the tour, has committed to continuing the Age of Disruption Tour in 2016 and 2017 thanks to generous underwriting provided by AARP.
Over the past couple weeks I’ve been overseeing a small advance outreach team working to identify the next 40 cities we will visit in 2016, including 10 cities outside the U.S.
The U.S. tour will be organized in six one-week swings and we are ready to announce the regions and dates we will visit. We are now honing in on our target cities and we would like to get your input on the cities and organizations we should partner with. Don’t see your region in the lineup? Invite us to visit you in 2017! Email suggestions to Tours@DrBillThomas.com or use the comments section below.
Age of Disruption 2016 Tour regions:
- Southwest Swing (March 28 to April 1): New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, California
- Mid-Atlantic Swing (April 18-23): Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina
- Northeast (May 16-20): Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Maine
- Cornbelt Swing (September 19-23): Minnesota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Colorado
- Midwest/Rustbelt (Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Wisconsin)
- Texas (October 17 to October 21): Texas!
- Canada (June 2016): Eastern provinces
- United Kingdom (November/December 2016): Cities TBD!
Sign up for Age of Disruption email updates here to be the first to know what cities make the lineup and to receive exclusive updates on 2016 tour events, including Bill’s signature “non-fiction” theater experience Life’s Most Dangerous Game and an exciting movement to “Disrupt Dementia” featuring a new film by Alive Inside director Michael Rossato-Bennett.