Lisa visited her first nursing home when she was 12 years old. She was playing violin at the time with a youth orchestra, and her mother thought playing for the residents would be “good practice” for her. It turns out that it was VERY good practice for her, because Lisa has spent the vast majority of her career in aging services.
She vividly remembers that first visit to the nursing home; she loved the smiles and gratitude from the elders, but didn’t enjoy the institutional feel or smells associated with the home. While attending the University of Texas Lisa was again in a nursing home setting, but this time as a CNA. Those experiences helped her realize that the traditional model of skilled nursing care needed to change, and she began her journey to support person-centered care and ultimately to oversee the development, construction and operation of two Green House homes.
Today, as a Project Guide for THE GREEN HOUSE ® Project, Lisa is excited to be part of the team and share her knowledge of the model with potential and current adopters.
- Administrator and Guide—The Village of Redford, two Green House-10 bed homes
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, an undergraduate degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing
- Licensed Nursing Home Administrator – largest facility 556 Skilled Nursing home
- 14 years of experience in a variety of positions in Skilled Nursing and CCRC’s
- Entrepreneur & Business Plan Development expertise
In addition, while Lisa was in Michigan she was an active member of the education task force for LeadingAge Michigan.
Lisa thoroughly enjoys cooking and has quite a collection of pots, pans and utensils for her craft! She enjoys international travel and watching TV game shows.