– Frequent escape drills helped save the lives of elders in Japan’s tsunami. [McKnight’s LTC News]
– An intentional optimist refuses to be ensnared by preconceptions of aging. [Coloradoan]
Third Age potential and fulfillment can be crushed by outdated ideas about aging. When we believe that growth and life expansion end at a certain time, our minds and bodies respond to and reflect those thoughts.
– Free training available for aging services providers to help improve the quality of services and support offered to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender older adults. [Future of Aging]
– What will nursing homes look like when baby boomers need them? [The Green House Project Blog]
– Humor is the best medicine, even for Alzheimer’s. [The Myth of Alzheimer’s]
In the wake of new guidelines establishing a “pre-clinical Alzheimer’s”, the video takes on a new satirical resonance: