Here’s a blog that boldly goes where mainstream media won’t dare tread — Better Than I Ever Expected: Sex and Aging, by Joan Price:
Join me in talking out loud about senior sex! I am an advocate for ageless sexuality and the author of Better Than I Ever Expected: Straight Talk About Sex After Sixty and the upcoming Naked at Our Age: Talking Out Loud about Senior Sex, both from Seal Press. This blog offers news, views, and reviews related to sex and aging. I hope that by bringing the topics that concern us out in the open and sharing our attitudes and experiences, we’ll start to change society — one mind at a time! Besides writing and speaking about senior sexuality, I’m also a fitness writer, a contemporary line dance instructor, and a speaker. You can read more about me at http://www.joanprice.com.
This is exactly what ChangingAging.org is all about, and a great example of how social media can be used to bypass MSM to spread a pro-aging message. Joan is doing an awesome job using her blog to promote her books and smash stereotypes about aging and sex. Earlier this week she shared a post outlining the chapter’s in her new book — Naked at Our Age: Talking Out Loud about Senior Sex:
1. The Old Ways Don’t Do It Anymore
2. Death of Desire
3. Sex Toys: Now More Than Ever
4. Is This My Marriage? Together yet Alone
5. Talking about Sex
6. Off the Beaten Path: Nontraditional Relationships
7. How Could You Do This to Me?
8. Sex with Myself
9. Unlearning Our Upbringing – Women’s Stories
10. Unlearning Our Upbringing – Men’s Stories
11. Sex Hurts: Vulvar/Vaginal Pain
12. Reclaiming Sexuality after Cancer
13. Erectile Dysfunction: What Men Don’t Say Out Loud
14. Erectile Dysfunction: What Women Say, Do, and Need to Know
15. No Way Back: Living with a Spouse with Alzheimer’s Disease
16. Death, Grieving–and Then What?
17. Sensuality for Hire
18. DWO: Dating While Old(er)
19. Safer Sex – Yes, At Our Age
20. Why Sex is Better Now than Ever: Readers Describe the Joys of Older-Age Sex