WNYAPCC’s MARCH SYMPOSIUM GOES INTERNATIONAL!
Dr. Bill Thomas, the father of the culture change movement worldwide and keynote speaker at the Alliance’s launch in Buffalo in September 2008, has promoted our upcoming March 10 symposium in this renowned blog Changing Aging. Dr. Thomas called out the Alliance’s “dynamite” line-up of speakers, which include:
· Steve Shields, BSW, LNHA, CEO of Meadowlark Hills Retirement Community, one of the premier culture change homes in the U.S.
· Carmen Bowman, MHS, ACC, former surveyor turned educator, who assisted in writing and will present the new CMS Quality of Life and Environmental Interpretive Guidance;
· Joanne Rader, RN, a tenured registered nurse who is author of Bathing Without a Battle, will present ideas for communication tactics and empowering direct care workers
· Al Power, M.D, author, educator and Eden Alternative® mentor and guide, will present transformational principles to re-define our approach to people with dementia. He will also share staggering statistics since the implementation of culture change at his facility in Rochester, NY
· Sarah Rowan, PhD., family member and board member for the Eden Alternative®, who will share her experiences of the long term care industry and why she wholeheartedly supports culture change
· Carter Catlett-Williams, MSW, is board member, and one of the founders of the Pioneer Network. A Rochester native, Williams has dedicated her life’s work to changing elder care in the U.S.
Please call our office before the end of the year to inquire about tables, advance reservations and sponsor opportunities. We expect seating for this event to be in high demand!