People often ask me what direction I believe the senior housing sector is going to take in the future. I always answer that two emerging trends are going to prove to be central.
1) The spirit of community and a shift from “independence” to “interdependence.”
2) A developmental orientation toward aging, elders and elderhood. It’s about growth not decline.
Here’s a group that is bring both strands together in a really effective way…
A first-of-its-kind 141-unit senior apartment community, The Burbank Senior Artists Colony features a theater group, independent film company, fine arts collective, intergenerational arts program with the BUSD and the following amenities for artists in their second 50 years of creativity:
* 45-seat Theatre & Screening Room
* Arts Studios & Classrooms
* Computer Media Arts Center
* Digital Filmmaking Equipment
* Digital Video Editing Bay
* Read Aloud Library
* Outdoor Performance Areas
* Art Gallery & Sculpture Garden