Contributed by: Marcella Henry, Chief Compliance Officer
May 8, 2012
Corporate Compliance and Ethic Week is celebrated nationally every May by organizations that have Compliance Programs! This year’s Corporate Compliance and Ethics Week is from May 6th -12th and the theme is
“THINK COMPLIANCE FIRST”“!!
During this week the purpose of the Compliance Program is reinforced, employees are provided with an opportunity to engage in a competition where they have to seek out the answers to a questionnaire and return completed, to the Compliance Department. If they answer all the questions correctly, they are the recipients of giveaways.
It is also an opportunity to remind the employees of their responsibilities for coming forward and reporting their concerns and observations truthfully, and to report all Fraud, Waste and Abuse and it is also a time to do some additional training topics such as the Deficit Reduction and the False Claim Act of 2007!
During this week , the Compliance Officer along with members of the Compliance Committee will also recommend and select locations that demonstrate the following criteria for the Annual Compliance Program Award:
- Evidence that supports that required Compliance Training has been fully implemented and completed.
- Staff selected for interviews by the Compliance Officer demonstrated thorough knowledge of our organization’s Compliance Program.
- Findings of Compliance Officer documented in Compliance Reports provided, following on-site review shows a location that has been proficient in positive performance in the following areas:
- External Survey Reports do not document adverse findings in the following areas:
- Consumer Rights Protected
- State & Sunrise Required Training Completed
- Environmentally Safe
- Fines or Sanctions
- Leadership of the operation sets the “Tone at the Top” which actively embraces the Compliance Program.
- Leadership ensures that information related to the Compliance Program is visible and immediately available to staff.
The winner will be announced along with the two runners up and will receive monetary rewards, to be used to do something special for all their employees.