As the dust settles from the 2012 elections, access to services and coverage appears to be more feasible for Florida families’ with disabilities. That’s not to say that there won’t still be a constant supply of bumps and potholes ahead, but we are on the move toward our destination of equitable and fair services. Find out more how the Affordable Care Act may impact your loved one.
Romney has said outright that as president he would repeal Obamacare, and so would Congressman Paul Ryan’s budget. Here are some of the things that would happen immediately to you and me and other elders if the Affordable Care Act ended:
• All free preventive screenings and tests would end
• The free annual wellness examination would end
• The prescription drug doughnut hole would immediately return to its full original size, increasing drug costs to millions of elders
• Elders with Advantage plans would again be charged more than those with traditional Medicare for some medical procedures
• States would again be able to cut elders from Medicaid