I know I said we would be revealing our new design this week but as you can imagine we’re still working out some bugs and it’s not quite ready to launch. It’s also been an extremely busy week with the big Erickson School Look Who’s Aging conference in Florida so we’ve been very tied up.
This is NOT the final product, just a preview of the new theme with some placeholders for the header and features gallery. But you can see we’re going for a cleaner, warmer look that will focus much more on content.
Speaking of which, we’re very excited to begin hearing from our readers and featuring your stories. ChangingAging has a relatively small, niche audience that shares our unique pro-aging view so it is critical that we hear from you so we can populate our site with your stories.
When you look around at the kind of content other aging-focused sites produce you see an overwhelming emphasis on the negative aspects of aging and complete domination by the “Anti-Aging” industry and view point. We need our audience to share your stories reflecting the counter viewpoint to the Anti-Aging industry — we need your pro-aging stories.
So here’s the intro to our Submissions guidelines and a link to the page:
At ChangingAging™ we believe there is potential for growth and development no matter your age or condition, so we’re always looking for stories, videos and photos from people celebrating the aging experience. We welcome people of all ages and backgrounds to submit questions about aging or caregiving, personal stories or guest blogposts, especially if it helps shed light on what comes after adulthood.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- JOURNEYS: We need your stories to change aging. What’s it really like getting old? We welcome stories from people of all ages (we are all growing!) but in particular from those who are exploring the uncharted waters of “Not-Adulthood”. Do we have any Crones reading this? Any Sages? We need to hear from you.
- QUESTIONS: The most common questions we get are about aging and caregiving. No audience knows more about these topics than ours. Let our community answer your questions.
- INNOVATIONS: How is technology, science, culture, art and philosophy changing the way we age and take care of each other? We’re interested in everything from the latest gadgets to breakthrough trends in caregiving.
- PHOTOS: What does Senescence look like? Send us your pictures.
- VIDEOS: Show us your stories and send us good links from the YouTubes.
WHAT NOT TO SUBMIT
- Anti-Aging products, pills, quackery or snakeoil.
- No fad dieting, vitamins or rejuvenation tips either. Eating healthy and exercising is called common sense, so you better have something new to say about it.
- Strictly self-promoting content or sales pitches.
- Copyrighted material (owned by other than yourself).
Continue reading here for our submission rules and a link to send us your stories.
We’re also launching a Flickr Gallery here and invite our readers to share photos in our gallery.