- We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. Albert Einstein
- “Never laugh at live dragons.” Bilbo Baggins
- If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee. Abraham Lincoln
- Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
- amanda on If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee. Abraham Lincoln
- Sebrina Chopelas on CNA speaks from the Heart! This post comes to us from arkansasculturechange.com, Heather McQuade, CNA
- Theresa on I can’t find home………..
- Dino on I can’t find home………..
- Sebastian on Why do we want to stay young?
Author Archives: Theresa
All the articles about staff turnover in long-term care agree on one thing. It is massive. Depending on which article you read the turnover rate for c.n.a.’s run anywhere from 70% to 100%. The articles all agree that the myth … Continue reading
According to those that know about Dragons, dragons have a subtle intelligence, are immensely cunning, and have a hypnotic power called “dragon-spell”. The best way to talk to a dragon when you or another innovator are under this spell (or questioning you about change ideas) is … Continue reading
If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee. Abraham Lincoln
I have a young friend who is very passionate about things in our work life. She reminds me that changing the world is a hard thing to do, so many things involved, nothing is simple. Or is it? I remember … Continue reading
The administration on aging has announced the 2013 Older Americans Month Theme. The theme this year is Unleash the Power of Age! The administration suggest we give older americans the opportunity to teach, mentor and help the less fortunate. We have skills learned only … Continue reading
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
Albert Einstein said it all about changing aging! We have made things bigger and more complex in long term care. But to go in the opposite direction from institutional care to person directed care is going to take a touch … Continue reading
I know a song where the lyrics where about the songs in our heads. I think in songs at times. Especially when I am tired or stressed! Sometimes when I am content! I was watching my grandson as he looked closely … Continue reading
Bingo as we know it today is a form of lottery and is a direct descendant of Lo Giuoco del Lotto d’Italia. Tai chi is a Chinese martial art. So why is not on the activity calender?
I recently attended a lecture where the Geriatrician spoke about falls. The methods for preventing falls and improving stability. He talked about the benefits of Tai chi. I have heard this from several different health care professionals over the past … Continue reading
As life goes on, I find myself drifting……….in and out of conversations, in and out of social events, in and out of……………………………. Well you get the picture. At first I thought it was a bad habit, a vice that needed … Continue reading
Halloween has always been my favorite holiday. The excitement of fall……. cool, dark nights. My memories as a child,………….. running with my sack, we did not have halloween buckets. My sack was a paper sack,…………….. decorated of course! I can … Continue reading