I recently attended a lecture where the Geriatrician spoke about falls. The methods for preventing falls and improving stability. He talked about the benefits of Tai chi. I have heard this from several different health care professionals over the past year. All the research, even the Mayo Clinic research shows this to be a effective exercise for stress reduction. So why do we still play Bingo in nursing homes? Ok, we know many people love Bingo! Why do we not have a Tai chi day on the activity board? I even saw a news program on our local station about sleep disorders and aging. The good news Tai chi helps with that too! So is this form of exercise not the bomb! I have yet to find Tai chi on the activity calendar of any of my local nursing homes, even after the local news program! I understand it is not expensive to begin a Tai chi program. Talk about a perfect activity. Sign me up! Place me in the research study. I need stress relief, sleep and stability!
- We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. Albert Einstein
- “Never laugh at live dragons.” Bilbo Baggins
- If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee. Abraham Lincoln
- Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
- amanda on If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee. Abraham Lincoln
- Sebrina Chopelas on CNA speaks from the Heart! This post comes to us from arkansasculturechange.com, Heather McQuade, CNA
- Theresa on I can’t find home………..
- Dino on I can’t find home………..
- Sebastian on Why do we want to stay young?